restorative Yoga Teacher Training
In a restorative yoga practice, we open the aperture of our awareness, and we access a state of potency. Through lecture, group discussion, and practicum you will learn how to guide yourself and others into a deeper state of being.
Pathways to this deeper state include supported postures, pranayama, and meditation; the nervous system is regulated, our endocrine (hormonal) system is activated, and we are able to rest and digest life. Measurable results of relaxation include reduction of blood pressure, anxiety, muscle tension, and fatigue. These states are also show to improve immune function, digestion, strengthen the vagal tone, increase heart rate variability, and regulate the nervous system.
As a student in this training, you will learn:
- How to confidently guide students through a full restorative class or incorporate restorative states into other yoga classes
- The creative art of using props
- Introduction to assisting, and touch theory
- How to intelligently sequence a series that will initiate relaxation, healing, and nervous system regulation
- Introduction to trauma, heart rate variability, vagal tone and the stress response
- Anatomy of the nervous system and understanding of how restoration supports a dysregulated nervous system
- Breathing mechanics (anatomy, and embryological origin)
- The neurological benefits of pranayama (breath)
- Anatomy of endocrine (hormonal) systems
- What is it to restore? How is it different than resting, meditating or sleeping?
This training is best suited for:
Anyone seeking to understand restorative practices and benefits on a deeper level. No prerequisites are required. For registration into our level two training, there are prerequisites and an application is required.
Post-course requirements for certification:
Lead 5 trauma-informed classes (minimum three attendees per class), read Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter A. Levine, PhD and provide a page summary, and choose an area of the Anatomy curriculum that interests you and complete a one-half to one page write up.
Our Students are Saying:
“I signed up for a Restorative Yoga Teacher Training. Wow. I had no idea I was also going to a self growth course! I left the course feeling prepared to go out and teach restorative yoga, and also feeling more whole and healed in my life.”