Eleanor believes in the untold potential of each being, and stewards the human impulse towards wholeness and healing.
She is known for creating sacred space and powerful facilitation. A professional training with her will grow you, as she weaves invitations for self growth and transpersonal relating into the curriculum of her professional trainings…
She developed a:
- 50 hr Thai Yoga Massage Training (TYM)
a three part level 2 TYM
- 25 hr Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (RYTT)
a three part level 2 RYTT
- 50 hr Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training (TIYTT)
The executive director of BodyWise Foundation; Eleanor is dedicated to a life of service, she founded the non profit offering free resources to those healing trauma. A radical visionary, and conscious entrepreneur, she is the CEO of BodyWise Institute.
Eleanor is dedicated to her own self transformation, and studied with /is certified in:
- Somatic Experiencing with Dr. Peter Levine
- Trauma Releasing Exercises with Maria Alfaro/ TRE
- Structural Integration (also know as Rolfing) with Tom Meyers/Kenisis
- Trauma with Dr. Bessel Van derKolk
- Trauma Sensitive Care with David Emmerson and the Justice Resource Center
- Psychology with Towson University
- Nutrition with the Institute of Integrative Nutrition
- Breath Work with Jessica Dibb/ICS
- Thai Massage with International Training Massage School (Thailand), and one on one apprenticeships with masters
- Yoga with Nosara Yoga Institute (Costa Rica), Indu Jane Fyer, Himalayan Iyengar Yoga –
Center (India), Elena Brower, Rodney Yee, Noah Maze, Passion Yoga School, – John Friend, Sivanada Yoga Ashram, Kim Manifredi, Shiva Rae, Sean Corne, – AcroYoga International,
Eleanor has always believed what the research now confirms: embodiment and mindful movement heal. We can change our biology, neurology, and physiology through movement.
She has been teaching yoga since 2006, and practicing yoga since the age of six! As a child and teen she was a ranking competitive swimmer. After college she began mountaineering and stepped on stage as a professional acrobat.
Intentionally moving her body and into flow states, Eleanor has transformed her experience of having a body. Ecstatic dancing, primal movement training and rock climbing have been powerful modalities in her personal healing journey. She is outside when ever possible hiking, surfing, backpacking, skiing, scuba diving, rock climbing, and howling at the moon.
A seeker of self understanding, Eleanor spent considerable time living in Buddhist Monasteries in both India and Nepal. She continues striving to deepen a personal practice, presence, and mindfulness. A powerful urge within took her to the west coast where she studied plant medicine with a First Nation Medicine woman. Her dedication to be of service for our planet motivated her to volunteer with children in Central America for 3 years, and to address climate change in India for 2 years.
Eleanor is a community builder. She recognizes the importance of relationships, belonging, authenticity, vulnerability, and sharing ourselves with others.
Before developing her own material, she worked as a senior instructor and mentor during 200hr YTT programs. El felt is was a great privilege to support students finding their voices.